Getting Ready for the End of the Year
With Summer vacation coming to an end, it’s time to get back into the Communications Game. The end of the year is fast approaching. Are you ready for your end-of-year push? Here are a few tips to help you hone your strategy and tell your story.
1. Define your objectives
- What are your top three goals to reach by December 31?
- How can you activate your base to help you achieve these goals?
- What challenges do you see ahead, and how can you prepare for them now?
2. Set up and follow a calendar
- Create a consistent schedule of communications
- Give yourself ample time to meet your communications deadlines (e.g. dedicate time on your calendar to write a draft and revise materials)
- Keep your contact consistent – frequent enough to be a gentle reminder but infrequent enough to not be a nuisance
- Engage your base through questions and calls to action
- Do what you do best, whether that is to teach, inform, or empower
Make it consistent and engaging.
Make it relevant and inspiring.